Monday, May 14, 2007

Brennan's first day






Well, it has happened. I am alone in my house this morning. Not sure, I can't think of any other time I've been here by myself. Maya is in school (8:30 - 11:30) and Brennan is in a class now too,(9:30 - 11:00). It was sad leaving him today. He was sitting at the table with all the other children and I snuck out. I'm hoping he is behaving himself. He looked like he may be the oldest kid, but he was the same size as everyone else. I hope he has fun. He is soooo attached to me, which is cute, wonderful and all those other good words, but I am so afraid to get a job and not know if he can take daycare or another person watching him. I'll let you know how it all goes down.
Saturday we had a family day and went to the Peoria zoo. The kids had fun, although if you are thinking of going, $6 adult admission seems steep for the animals you get to see. After the zoo, we had some lunch and stopped for ice cream at Emo's. Yummy yummy. We had a cookout with neighbors that night. I came home around 9 to put the kids to bed, but Adam came home later a lot tipsy. Our neighborhood rocks by the way. You can't be in your yard, front or back without someone coming over to talk. And recently, going on walks you see a friend and get pulled into the garage to have a beer. Definately the best neighborhood in the world for kids and parents.
Mother's Day was splendid. Adam BBQ'd some cheeseburgers and brats for us and my parents and brother. The weather was awesome. Adam bought horseshoes and put them in the dirt behind our lot. Worked out nicely. I only got one point all day and my arm is a little achey... so needless to say, I'm not too good at the sport.
Diego is Wednesday. I hope to have lots of stories and pictures after that.
Oh yeah, my phone interview went well on friday. I'm hoping to get a call from the regional manager this week for a face to face interview. I want this job. It is a great opportunity for me and something I could see myself doing for a long time. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. The best part about this job is that some days would be office days at my house. The flexibility of just that is so great as a mom. Although, I would love to walk into all those hospitals that I know people to say hi. Ah, I'm so excited... Tammy don't blow this one.
Peace out!@

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Just wanted to say I think you need to buy Brennan some more Diego clothes. I don't think he has quite enough. Just kidding, but seriously, does he wear anything else? Can't wait to hear how his class goes. I am thinking of enrolling Ella in a "drop off" class at the park district to see how she would do. Hope he did okay on his first day!

The Dolphins said...

How did his first day go?