Yep, I'm going to ask a question and I need your input. Is it bad for me to get rid of the cats? Reasons: 1. They have started peeing and pooping in random places (I live in a new house... I don't need cats ruining it) 2. They leave hair all over the place. 3. They steal the kids' food. 4. They jump on the counters to get into the sinks to find food. 5. They keep running outside. Bad Reasons: 1. The kids love them. 2. Failure as a cat owner. 3. I have saved their lives 3 times (from the pound, a bad initial cold, kidney disease from pet food recall).
Overall they are a pain in my butt. I shouldn't have to yell at cats all day too, right? They are awesome cats, but have really bad habits that I have a hard time dealing with. Please, let me know what you think.
3 comments:
I think you have to do what is best for you and the kids. The kids might miss them at first but get them a hermit crab or something and they might be alright with it. I don't think you would be a failure as a cat owner as long as you gave them to a good home where they would be well taken care of.
Alright, I think honestly that you should keep the cats if you can manage it. I think that keeping the cats would teach your kids that pet ownership is a commitment and that you have to stick with it even when the going gets tough. Talk to your vet (if you haven't already) about ways to correct their behavior. I know our cat was a bit high strung in the early years, but now that he's almost nine years old, he's mellowed considerably and both of our kids love him.
Bad Cat Momma! You so can't get rid of them! They;re still kittens and they hopefully will soon calm down!-hopefully! he he!
Post a Comment