Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Idol Thoughts

I have so many opinions on random things and sometimes think to blog them. However, I always think I would offend someone and keep those thoughts to myself. That being said, AI is safe from offending readers, unless you are on that stage. So, I love Neil Diamond... great songs... great man. How many times did a night end with Sweet Caroline? Many. How many times has my CD player played Forever in Blue Jeans. A lot. I was so hopeful for some good entertainment last night. When I heard the AI's were each singing two songs, I thought double the chance that some good songs would be sang. So here are my thoughts.... I like Jason Castro. I like his voice and his eyes. My mom can't stand to look at him without thinking about the stench of the dreads, but I've been around a few and you just deal with it. The dreads suit the guy. Anyhow, Forever in Blue Jeans was good. At some point in the song I thought he needs to do something big... he needs to power out a note. He never did. His second song was boring, plus I didn't know that song too well. David Cook... he's brilliant. He's got a great voice. I started of AI not liking him, cuz he was kinda freaky looking, but I have totally turned around on him. I don't remember the titles of the songs he sang, but he did good. Especially the second song. Lots of emotion. Adam would have liked him to sing America, and I agree. In the end... front runner. However, my mom was telling me that he had previously recorded an album that did move well. Now it is selling like hotcakes. Is it right to have him on the stage?? Hell, I don't care. Brooke White has got to go. Her Monkees I'm a Believer was awful. I did not mind I Am I Said, but that first one was bad. I loved her sincere niceness in the beginning, but I have had enough. Now David A is someone I have never liked. He's always nasally to me and he is always licking his lips. I did however like Sweet Caroline. It was fun to listen to. I didn't think he had the voice for America. So why the hype with this guy? I haven't a clue. And finally, Syesha. Wear your hair curly... I like it better that way. She is a pretty girl with a nice voice, but I've really never thought much more. She will make it to Broadway and she definately could have done Dreamgirls. I would only buy Castro and Cook music so those are the only two I root for. I say go home Brooke, but I'd tell David A to too out of personal taste. But, I don't vote and watch for pure entertainment. Whatever happens, happens. What the heck was wrong with Paula. She's gotta couple screws loose. Seriously.
So that's the AI Opinion by TJ. Sad as it may be I had to express some thoughts and this was my subject. I apologize to all you non watchers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. I could have written this exact post, including the part about not expressing my true opinions for fear of offending someone. I don't really care for Jason Castro though. He has gotten really boring.

Anonymous said...

Here's my two cents. I love David Cook. I totally agree that I didn't like him in the beginning mostly b/c I don't care for his looks. But he can sing and I loved his two songs last night. You could tell they were Neil Diamond songs, but his flavor on them was great. I was actually hoping he'd sing "Solitary Man." I thought that would be a great one for him. Brooke's "I'm a Believer" was awful. I fast forwarded through it. I really liked her "I Am, I Said." I don't like Archuletta at all either. He always looks like his about ready to cry and he seems too cheesy of a singer to me, like he should sing songs for animated Disney movies or something. But he is around because the young girls swoon over him and they are the ones who call in to vote. Castro is okay. Didn't like his Blue Jeans. It was way too boring and Neil does it a million times better.

Liz said...

OK I'll throw in my two cents. I really have only ever cared for David Cook. I thought he was very talented from the get go. The only other one I like is Syesha, but feel she would be better on Broadway. Jason has beautiful eyes and occasionally I like his choice of songs. Brook needed to go home awhile ago and well Archuletta is just not doing anything for me. I guess to the young crowd maybe he's got something, but I agree with Jamie and think he would be better off performing for Disney. That's all I have to say about that.