Monday, April 28, 2008

Where Oh Where Did the Warm Weather Go?

Hard to believe last wednesday we were at the park in tank tops and shorts and today we are taking out the winter jackets that were washed and put away. There's a frost alert for tonight. Thank goodness none of the seeds have come up in the garden yet. I'm hoping this is the last of it. We haven't really even got a lot of rain, being april. I hope we have a nice summer without surging temperatures.
Although cold, Maya had her soccer game saturday morning. She's doing pretty well (for a girl). That afternoon we had our first Tball practice. How our team got 3 kids with MHS grad parents I will never know, so that was kinda nice. I thought Adam did a good job with the little kids. Obviously these games are going to be a pain to sit through, as they are all learning "how to play the game".
I took Maya's training wheels off her bike last week. She's doing pretty good. Hopefully by mid-summer she'll get it down pat. This week I taught her how to start herself. Prior to that I would hold her up and let go when she started pedaling. We've figured out Brennan really likes basketball. He is a great dribbler. He may be little, but speed is his key. I'm gonna put the kids in a basketball/soccer clinic this summer. I think Brennan will enjoy it, plus they will finally hit the age groups that they can be in these things together! Yeah.
Our landscaping should hopefully begin next week. I can't wait. It'll definately pretty up the outside of the house and extending the patio and adding the seat wall will add something to the backyard as well.












No comments: