Thursday, February 14, 2008











Happy Valentines Day. Another silly holiday in my opinion. Can't we have random acts of love and such randomly, instead of being forced to buy candy, cards, presents, etc. on a particular day? I'm sure it's something good for the economy and all those romancers. The kids love it. And can I say, I was surprised at how much Valentine's have changed for kids. First of all..... they all come with candy and have stupid wording. Mine as a kid, were fun sayings that you sat there and decided who would get what phrase and there was no candy. Now parents seem to get pretty inventive. Lots of artsy homemade cards. One even was a picture of the classmate. I guess I'll go artsy next year. Maya picked her Tinkerbell ones out herself, but were pretty boring when compared to everyone elses.
On another note, our family joined the community center last weekend. I have made a Lenten deal, that if I go and work out, I can have one piece of candy or a glass of soda. So far so good. Chocolate has never been so well deserved. I took a class last night and can barely walk today. I am a weakling. I used 2.5lb weights on my dumbell and couldn't keep up with the class. I had to go down to 1lb. I think the body enjoyed the workout though. The kids seem to like the daycare, so it is nice to have an hour or so to devote to myself.
Adam never made it to England last week. His trip was cancelled right after he bought the tickets. I guess that's a good thing, but my philosophy, if you have to work anyway, a couple working days in England would be a treat.
Stella is doing well in puppy class. She has learned to sit and lay. She is up to 9lbs, growing 3 lbs in a month. Potty training is going well and overall... she's a really great dog. I still think she is the cutest canine in the world.
This Saturday, Adam has his work conference, which ends with dinner with the wives. I enjoy meeting everybody and it's fun because Becky is there. The kids are staying with grandma and grandpa for an evening, so it should be an enjoyable night of fun. Besides that, we're getting over colds. The first one of the season. The poor kids were battling bloody noses tuesday from the dryness. I dropped Maya off at school and drove to Walmart. When I took sleeping Brennan out, his head was bent over bleeding on his coat.
Is spring coming? We're ready! We want to play outside without coats! Oh yeah, we are starting to get landscaping bids... so that is exciting.
There's a lizard growing in our bathroom sink. Thanks Grandma Rene. It's one of those growing animals. Maya is holding it in another picture. It's supposed to get 36 inches long!

No comments: