It's over. Halloween is done. It didn't even seem to meaningful this year. Maybe because I had the costumes so far in advance, maybe cuz all the candy seemed the same or maybe I make a bigger deal of it that what it really is. Who knows. Anyhow, the kids dressed up. Maya as her Fairy Princess Butterfly Ballerina, which she said exactly so when asked at houses and Brennan as Bob the Builder. Still not a fan of the dress-up, Brennan enjoyed the idea of getting candy. I still had to carry him through the neighborhood. Really is he gonna be 3? He still sure acts like a 1.5 year old. It's a pain, but I do know I see many jealous mom's that only wish their 1 year old wanted to be held. Brennan.... my little baby. So we had about 50 kids. By the end of the night kids were taking handfuls of candy. Oh yes, I was more than prepared. And I'll tell you what, I can't stop eating the chocolate. Adam reminded me to hold back, due to our trip to chocolateland. Yet, I cannot stop. We'll have to hope grandma and grandpa are tempted and eat it all while we are gone.
This morning Maya's class went to mass for All Saints Day. It was so cute. All the first graders dressed up as a saint. They all marched down the aisle and stopped at a microphone to say who they were and what they have done. I enjoyed it.
Tomorrow I am making a carebear cake and a diego cake for our party saturday. Should be a messy day. It'll be nice to have this birthday stuff done.
No comments:
Post a Comment