Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hall-Zoo-Ween




Last night we took the kids to the Peoria zoo for their halloween thing. We went last year and seemed cute, so I wanted to get the kids all dressed up and go again this year. First, Brennan is supposed to be a dragon. He cried for 45 minutes as I tried to get him to put on his costume. Then I decided fine, he's not going to go for it and dressed him up in his Lakers windsuit and said fine, you're Luke Walton. He threw a fit about wearing non-Diego shoes, but we made it out of the house. The zoo was packed. Seriously, it was not worth the trouble. Bren, however, caught on to the idea that you go up to people for candy. I think he enjoyed it. Maya had the grip of death when she saw anything remotely scary. Guess we won't have a kid convincing us to take her to haunted houses. She calls her costume the Fairy Princess Butterfly Ballerina. It's a 4 in one costume. We actually get many wears out of it this year. There is dress-up at Library Storytime, gymnastics, Brennan's school party, Maya's school party and the night itself. Maybe, I'll try and find an actual costume Brennan will put on.

No comments: