Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bye Bye Weekend




Adam got home last night from a weekend trip to Florida. He met his cousin to go to some Dodger spring training games and Epcot. You'd think that would lead to a hellish weekend, but it was kind of nice. Of course it is great to have him back, but there is something about being able to make PB and J for dinner and it is suitable... no complaints. A cooking break was great. I find I get so much more accomplished and the house stays cleaner if the husband is out and about. Vacation for him.... vacation for me. He had a great time, and I just may be interested in seeing those Cubs for spring training someday.
Saturday, the kids and I spent the day at my parents house. My brother was in town. We can't complain about his job with Hershey... he comes in like the Easter Bunny with a box of free candies for us all. We get anything from chocolate chips, to T-shirts, mints, truffles, 100 calorie snack packs.... when he worked for Pepsi... nothing. It would be supercool if he could get passes for the Hershey themepark in Pennsylvania. I've been wanting to go there for awhile.
I hit Bergner's the other day and got the deal of the year. They marked down all their winter shoes to clearance and then there was an 80% discount after that. I got 3 pairs of shoes for 32$, when retail the total was 230$. I bought these cute Sam and Libby ballet flats for $4.00. I have a serious shoe fetish, so this made my day! My biggest problem is that I can't seem to throw old pairs away and I am starting to run out of floor space in my closet. And I wonder why we have the "clutter" problem in this house.

1 comment:

The Garske's said...

Oh, I have the same shoe problem!! Derek complains that all my shoes are taking over the closet and I don't wear over half of them. I may get an outfit that I need to wear a pair with :) Thanks for the cucumber tip, she would LOVE that!! I will let you know how it goes!