Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break










Although, I was dreading this week of no activities, it has actually gone by pretty darn fast. I decided that it was time to stick the boy in his underwear. Monday, we went through 4 pairs of pants and underwear. Tuesday, we didn't even get out of pull-ups, since we had a birthday party that evening. And a miracle hit on wednesday. Brennan told me he had to go potty and was going to do it himself. I peeked and saw him pull down his pants and start to go. I was so proud. It happened 2 more times that day. Thursday went well too. Today, we've gone through 3 pairs of underwear so far, but only because he gets them a little wet. He is starting to realize when he goes and stops to get to the bathroom. Yeah! We've had #2 on the potty down pat for almost a year, so this may be easier than thought. We get rid of diapers, only to trade in Lysoling the bathroom constantly cuz the kid has poor aim. Actually it'd help if he was taller so he didn't need a booster to clear the toilet. Ah, my tiny child.
This afternoon grandma and grandpa came over and helped fly kites. We all had fun.
Along with cleaning Brennan's potty accidents, poor Stella has had issues. I think her stay at the kennel Easter weekend stressed her out bigtime. Plus then she was spayed on Monday. Her bathroom habits were awful. Thank goodness for the Bissell SpotBot. We were sucking up accidents all over the place. Finally, she is getting herself back to normal. I'm getting the carpets cleaned on tuesday. They needed it anyway, but this pushed it.
We are looking forward to a visit with Grandma Rene next week, plus outdoor soccer practice starts! Yeah. Bring on the good weather. Please!
I had to add another picture of Brennan's weird sleep positions. He was sitting at the island playing cars and suddenly he was sleeping. Priceless. I snapped a picture and moved him to the couch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys always have so much fun. I think it's great how active you keep the kids. I can't believe how big Stella is getting! I need to see that puppy again. Next time you come to visit, you should bring her. I bet our dogs would have a blast together.