Thursday, January 31, 2008

WinterDaze

I suppose all of us midwesterners are dealing with the same weather, but what is up. Tuesday I dropped Maya off at school at 12:45 and it was 54 degrees. At 3:00, when I picked her up it was 22 degrees, windy and freezing. That night around 6:30 I had to go to another house party and it was 7 degrees with crazy winds. I opened my car door and lost it's grip. I honestly thought the wind was gonna tear that sucker off. I enjoy a good storm every now and then, but it's hard to go to bed and hope you are going to wake up with your roof still attached to the house. It was cold too! So cold again, that the kids' bathroom pipes partially froze. Today we are expecting 4-6 inches of snow, followed by some warmer temperatures next week. Maya is already talking about the groundhog that is supposed to pop it's head out on saturday. I'll give him $100 to say spring is coming.
On another note, when did this 100 Day Celebration at school begin? Children now celebrate being in school 100 days? Just another day I now have to volunteer my services to the school.

No comments: