Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Naked Post



No pictures taken the last week. We've been running around or just laying around trying to keep warm. Last week I kept busy trying to find volunteers for Maya's school carnival which is this coming weekend. It begins! My first cake addition for a cakewalk. I loved the cakewalk when I was a kid. I love cake... so why wouldn't I love winning it for a prize. The only thing was you could win a yucky cake. I think I got pretty lucky and got some good cakes. I was thinking, since I had a lemon cake and lemon frosting in the pantry, I would make a double layer round cake and make it into a yellow smiley face. Not too much effort with that design. I am set to work the prize table. Unfortunately we also have a bday party that night and I may miss the delicious real bakery cake. Last thursday, the girls in my neighborhood got together for our monthly Bunko night. We never play the game, but it is always fun to get out of the house and realize we all feel the same way and deal with the same things with our kids (and husbands).
Adam had classes to obtain an accredidation this weekend, so really there was no break of a weekend. Saturday, the kids and I traveled with my parents down to Effingham to visit my brother. He turned 28 on the 17th. I glimpsed down the road to Charleston with a smile and a flood of memories. Frankly, I couldn't tell you about many classes I took at EIU, but I do remember all the, let's say, extracurricular activities I participated in. Probably 3 years of life I would go back to in a heartbeat. Sunday evening we spent with friends watching the football game and playing poker. MLK day, my dad and I took the kids to see the Veggie Tales Movie. I couldn't believe it, but this theater was 3/4 filled. The kids did really well.
So the upcoming months are filled with lots of activities. Maya is taking a beginning soccer class so she's ready for soccer in March. In May, she starts T-ball. Feeling guilty of all of Maya's activities, I signed Brennan up for a tumbling class on friday evenings. He loves flipping around with Maya, so I thought we'd try it. And lucky Stella... she's signed up for puppy classes on sundays. I lost my sanity a long time ago. Keeping ourselves busy with activities dbeats watching tv all day.

No comments: