Wednesday, January 14, 2009
The surprise ultrasound
So what happened you ask? Monday night after dinner I was getting ready to go to the gym with Adam. I had decided I wasn't gonna do the pump class cuz I just wasn't feeling right, but maybe I'd walk to treadmill. Well, I'm changing into my work-out gear and I start feeling a pain on my right side. Kinda crampy, but constant. Nothing that went away. I decided I'd better stay home. So I rested while the rest of the family went to the gym. While I was on the couch the pain intensified. It hurt to turn my body and the area was tender to the touch. That night I had the hardest time sleeping, as it hurt to move. I was getting really nervous as I had never felt like this during my other two pregnancies. I was scared there was something wrong with the baby. I thought oh crap, it's my gall bladder or appendix. Anyway, tuesday morning I called the doctor. And they scheduled me for an immediate sonogram to see what was going on. It appeared I had a 4cm cyst. Adam thought they said an ovarian cyst, I thought they said it was on the wall so not sure where the location really is. But it is outside of the baby, so there's no reason the baby is in any danger. It's more the pain I had to endure... but seriously I can deal with the pain... tell me my baby is okay. And yes, we got to that too. We got to see our little man. What, surprise... it's a boy. I'm super excited, but I swore up and down my instincts said it was a girl. So our little guy was measured up and appears to be 3 days ahead of the original due date. That made me happy, cuz I feel so small I thought he wouldn't be a proper size. All in due time for me to turn into large marge. Anyways that's the story. Today I woke up with no pain, no tenderness. I'm not sure what happened. I'm sure we'll have another ultrasound in the coming months to make sure everything is okay, but so far so good. Time to shop for a baby boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad your pain and tenderness was gone today. Let's hope it stays that way! Keep us posted!
Happy to hear that you are feeling better today. Scary not knowing and having not experienced this type of pain before. But all is good in the end and baby boy Gurewitz is doing well. It'll be fun to start shopping for a baby again. Take care of yourself and baby.
I'm glad everything is ok. At least you got to find out about baby boy a bit earlier than expected! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Glad you're feeling better! Congrats on the boy! Now, someone else is going to have to have another girl to even things out with the Morton crew!
I'm glad everything is ok. Yeah- another boy
How exciting! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment