Last week flew by. It was a week geared around the neighborhood garage sale. We got rid of a bunch of stuff, but still have a bunch of stuff left. I'm not sure why, but I love having garage sales. I love going through old stuff and getting rid of it if it isn't needed. I try to price pretty fair. For me, it's not about making money, but getting rid of the stuff. (Although the point is to make a little money too). I hate going to sales where people overprice and I really don't like people who go to auctions to buy things cheap to resell them for profit. I am so not a business person. I try not to lie and cheat, however, I suppose I did today. We took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda. We don't go to movies often, especially with the kids, but I could not pay $7.00 for Brennan to see the movie, so I told them he was 2. Am I cheating the theatre? Not really... the movie plays if there is one paying customer and honestly, he's not gonna sit and watch it. He just goes for the snacks. He was good, but he didn't have a clue about the plot. The movie was good. I enjoyed it.
The kids had a lemonade stand at the sale. They were so cute. I wish I had taken some pictures. They sat at their table and kept to themselves almost the entire time. They made $11.00. So, today we went and bought a hard plastic swimming pool (so Stella could swim to without popping it).
Yesterday, my college roomie came down for a wedding. We had the pleasure of watching their 2 children for them. We had a lot of fun and so did the kids. I added a few pictures of our evening together.
We have our first day of summer gymnastics tomorrow. My fingers are crossed for Brennan. He's just got to do it once... he'll love it!
2 comments:
Thank you so much for watching the kids for us. Obviously, they had a blast at your place. My favorite is the popsicle picture. How did you get all of them to look at the camera at the same time?
Love the pictures of the 4 kids. How nice that you could watch Jamie's kids for her. It obvious that they had fun. Hope to see you guys this summer.
Post a Comment