Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It tastes like the Farm

Slight fevers here in the house today. Yet again, school starts and germs spread. However, I am a supporter of these small illnesses. Kids need to build up immunity and I'd prefer that they do have these bad days now than later. Like when I have a job or when the kids have "true" school. I'm sure they'll be sick more than I'd like anyway in the future, but they should be able to fight off infections stronger and faster with already developed antibodies. That's my health speel for the day.
My weekend was very enjoyable. I took a break from motherhood for a trip to Chicago to see some college friends. We had a great time chatting about old times and current stuff. I feel really lucky to have great friends in my life.
I have to add another Maya story that I find incredibly funny again. So the other day I reheated some tortellini for the kids. Maya says "I don't want to eat it". I asked her why, she ate it the day before. She says, "It taste like the farm". I asked what the farm tastes like. She says, "The farm smells bad". So I ask, are you saying the tortellini tastes like the farm smells? She says, "Yes. The tortellini tastes like that smell". Again, I had to laugh, cuz I guess that is a logical and more polite way to tell me the food tasted like shit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.