


What's the craze with being booed? We were booed a couple nights ago. I didn't think people really bought those bags at the store. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the scoop. Basically, you run up to somebody's door, ring the doorbell, drop a bag of candy and run. The bag comes with a ghost sign and directions to follow through with the game. The booed household must hang the ghost in their window to prevent being booed again and then go BOO 2 other houses, etc etc. I'm wondering why do I want to hang the ghost in my window? Keep booing me with showers of candy. However, I'm a game player and booed 2 neighbors yesterday. It was actually pretty fun ringing the doorbell and jetting off into the dark without getting caught. The excitement for the stay at home mom.
So lets talk about Brennan here. The little guy will be 3 in a little over a month. Speaking of, bday invitations went in the mail today. This year we are doing a duo party on November 3rd, between the birthdays. I'm excited, cuz we've never had a "birthday party" for Brennan before. Should be fun. Anyhow, Brennan.. Brennnan, the little guy is a big pain in my butt, but I love him to death. He is in this AWFUL pinching phase. He thinks it is fun and laughs when he gets pinched back. Goodbye terrible 2's and hello terrifying 3's. The kid has the ability to switch his personality in the matter of seconds. Possibly a "Hero" talent, I don't know. Semi, bi-polar if you ask me. And please tell me everybody's kid is a little OCD, cuz I can't turn on lights or cut things up with him. Ugh!!! But then there is the cute and sensitive side. He kisses, tells me he loves me all the time. Even in Walmart the other day, he's hugging me and patting my back and a mother asked her kid why he couldn't be like that. What, you want this boy? I guess I take the really bad with the really good. One day I hope he learns control his aggressive behavior. Must be in the Gurewitz genes, cuz we Stoffel's are very caring people... hehe. Whatever, I love my pinching, OCD son. Here is a favorite line from him. I tell him, Brennan, come on "Get a Grip". This throws him over the edge and he comes at me screaming and pinching... "No. No Grip, No Grip!" How can I not be amused?
Today is picture day for Maya. She is looking very cute today. Hopefully we get a good smile. Not the cheesy, forced smile with eyes clamped shut. She loves school. I love school. Here is Maya's Our Father at this point.... "Our Father who art in heaven, please give us our bread". Cracks me up. It was only the first part for 2 weeks, now we get the bread line.
This weekend we are heading to Dyersville for my Grandma's 85th bday. I'm making a CareBear cake for Maya too. Should be fun.
I know grandma likes video so I will be adding them as often as I can.
2 comments:
Twos were a piece of cake compared to threes. Mason is so strong willed and has become, well, at times, a BRAT. We are really trying to be very consistent with him so he understands that what we say is what we mean. I'm sure part of my frustration or lack of patience is being tired and pregnant, but mostly it is this strong willed three year old. This too shall pass though and another challenge will surely arise.
Can I join the "Terrifying Threes" club? Ella is a total handful these days and time outs are not working AT ALL. Anyway Tam, wanted to say Maya's hair is getting so long! It looks really cute. She looks so grown up in her jumper! Hope her pictures go well.
Post a Comment