Not that there are a lot of pictures to share, but here are a few from our trip to Nashville a couple weeks ago. It was about a 7 hour trip, but seriously easy drive. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland hotel which was geared up for Christmas already. I almost felt like we were in Vegas, as the hotel was it's own little world. Tons of plants, waterfalls, some restaurants and stores. All the rooms facing inward had a little balcony which was pretty cool. We went shopping at the big mall near the hotel, took a cruise down the Cumberland River on a dinner/showboat... Tina Turner/Elton John/Elvis Presley impersonators. We went to the Tennessee Titan/Green Bay Packer football game. That, amazingly, was a lot of fun. The game was sold out and the Titans have adoring fans. (I was rooting for the cheeseheads...) Titans won in overtime. An extra cool part was Lee Greenwood sang God Bless the USA at halftime. Anyhow, still won't find me watching football on TV, but going to an actual game was very cool.
The kids had their parent/teacher conferences this week. All was good. Maya is the sponge, and Brennan is your typical 3 year-old. (Although he turns 4 next week) He's a smart kid, he just doesn't realize how to put his emotions and intellect together well yet.
This past monday, the kids and I went up to Naperville to meet a friend and her kids at the Children's Museum. The kids had a lot of fun, although I didn't get to chat with my friend near as much as I hoped. It was still very nice to see her though!! I still have to download those pictures.
Tomorrow we have a wedding to go to. It's my sister's sister-in-law. It should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment