Friday, September 12, 2008

Pfest 2008














It's funny how summer just kinda flipped a switch and said it's done. The weather has been cool and rainy. But, rain didn't stop us from hitting the pumpkin festival last night. I had bought some discount tickets that had to be used by then, so I said let's go get this done. It was a little muddy, but not too bad. And I think the yucky weather kept some people away, so it wasn't crammed pack like it usually is. Why Morton can't find a bigger plot of land to put this thing on is beyond me, but we had fun. I ran into a few people and a few parents, so that is always fun to catch up and show off my little family. The kids had fun on the rides. Brennan actually was excited, however you won't find him riding a roller coaster again... he gripped on me for dear life. He wanted to go on it and was excited, but the first round the track I think he was in shock of what was happening. We had our pumpkin ice cream, which was delicious as well. Now lets hope the weather cooperates for the parade on saturday. The forecast doesn't look too good. We'll be at our normal location by my parents house, which I think is a good spot, since it starts a few blocks down the road. There is always a crapload of candy, which the kids love!
I just took Stella to the puppy spa for a day of pampering for her bday. She was getting a little ratty, so hopefully she comes looking and smelling good.
Here's a few funny comments made by the kids in the past few days:
Brennan-- "Mom, I just brushed my teeth so my teeth don't fall out" and as he gets in the car "Mom, maybe when I get bigger I can drive"
Maya-- We're in Maya's classroom and the teacher is talking about the hearing and vision screenings they have to do. I forget to take Maya to the first one and the teacher announces 'make-up day will be on september 18th'. Maya looks at me with the biggest eyes and smile and says "yes. I can't wait for that day. that's gonna be so much fun" The girl thought she was going to get to come to school and wear make-up. She cracks me up.
Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I wish the forecast looked better for tomorrow. If it is raining, the boys and I won't be coming. They have had colds for the past week, so it wouldn't be worth it to sit in the rain. I sure wish things would work out for us to see everyone. Crazy illnesses and weather seem to interfere.