Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally














I do not know where the time goes. April is almost gone. This is somewhat good, because that means tuesday and thursday swimming lessons will be over. For some reason, they are just a pain in the butt timewise. It'll be nice to get those dinner nights back. Swimming parties seem to be the big thing here. I will feel so much more comfortable when my kids know how to swim. I think these are the most important lessons they can be taught.
Maya's soccer team pulled off a victory last saturday. No score is kept, but we do have a killer team. Doesn't hurt that we have a boy who's dad is a Brit! Soccer is huge in their life. Maya did pretty well. She had two stellar moments where she got the ball and dribbled down the field. No goals... but I was so proud of her. I told her if she got a goal, I'd take her to Dairy Queen and buy her whatever treat she wanted. Bribery. It's just so fun cheering for your kid out on the field, although I cheer for all of them. Brennan seems to be a little interested. Hopefully, he'll be ready next year.
Tball starts in May. We are the Padres. We haven't rounded up the team yet, so not sure how it's all gonna go down. The rules of the game are very relaxed. There are no outs and all kids get a chance to bat and run the bases each inning. Good for the age group I suppose.
The kids and I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago. That went really well. Maya of course is a pro, but I was worried about Brennan. He surprised me by being a great patient. My sister said you always want the first appointment to go well... that'll make or break the idea of going to the dentist. Frankly it just depends if Brennan wants to be Jeckyl or Hyde.
I dressed him for school this morning and realized how much I miss when he didn't have an opinion. I miss the boy I could dress myself. Can I say I've had enough of Diego clothes. He's got a closet full of shirts, but he will throw a fit if I try to put anything on him that doesn't have Diego plastered on it. Ugh.
We all had a nasty cold last week. First Maya, then me and Brennan is on the tail end of it. I had one really bad day that kept me on the couch reading a book. The kids were great. Just a couple bowls of marshmallows and animal crackers and they left me alone and played.
This past weekend we cleaned out the garage (still full of junk) and Adam leveled and switched out a couple boards on the swingset. I think him and the kids were outside 9 hours of the day. It was really nice. The kids and I planted some seeds in the garden. I hope I didn't do it too soon. It's all just an experiment anyhow. Like I know what I'm doing.

No comments: