I've been meaning to blog about the treasure box for awhile now. About a month ago, my mom gave me a call and told me dad had pulled a plastic tote from the attic containing clothes. Immediately, I get excited as I know exactly what it is. It is the missing items from my wardrobe that I packed up prior to going to Alaska the second time around. I was so excited. Sure it may be 10 years ago, but there were some shirts I often wondered.... where did they go. Well, as predicted, when I opened the box, the cute little lacy white tank that buttoned in the back was laying right on top. I purchased that in Portland, OR the May prior to my September departure so it was in great condition. Surprisingly all of the clothes in the tote were pretty well taken care of. My days of working at the Limited, displayed as probably 60% of the clothes were that brand. I took the bin home and washed the clothes since they smelled of that musty, old smell. What do you think I did next... yes... I tried it all on! To my sadness or dismay, what the hell... why were these shirts so short? Also, where did I get the hootchie shirts that had no fabric, only a string to tie it back? I did pull out a random amount of stuff that is possibly wearable, but half went into the goodwill pile as bar clothes. I was happy to find all the bottoms fitting just fine, just having a higher waist (maybe to pull off those short shirts). This again makes me realize how "vanity" sizes are quite true. I wear size 4 typically, in some cases a 6. All my jeans, shorts and skirts in this box were mostly 8's, some 6's and they were a good fit. I think I read that Abercrombie caters to these vanity sizes to make people feel good. Honestly I wish they would pull all sizes off of bottoms and people just bought a pair of jeans that fit, rather than trying to squeeze their butt into a size they want to say they wear. All brands differ anyway, just lay them out in waist and hip size or something. That way, my husband can grab a pair of pants for me without difficulty. Not really, he does just fine when he does, but I'm saying men's pants are labeled better... waist size, inseam. Sounds smart to me. And I by no means think of myself as a tiny person and I wear size 4. I've seen 2 and 0 out there, but where do those people shop if those sizes are too big? I've often thought of that as I take off what appears to be a low size off the rack.
Anyhow, back to the treasure box. Few can appreciate this new bedtime shirt, but My XXL South Padre Skoal's "This Shirt Roars" was in the box too. I smiled with memories of obtaining that. I think I should work at a clothing store again. I really did enjoy that experience. I think I would too, if I wasn't here in Peoria, IL where I would run into a random person and be embarassed of working a job that I did when I was 20. But, don't think I won't just do that someday in another town.
Kids are driving me nuts, but what is new. Peeps appear to be a treat I can bribe them with. They do anything I ask for the pink sugared marshmallow bunny. I figure one a day, is simply that... a treat. God knows, I haven't eaten one. 3.5 more weeks til easter.
3 comments:
It's funny that you said the kids were driving you crazy because I just wrote that on my blog. We need spring desperatly. They are insane. Maybe we should get together and let them wear eachother out.
Yay for the Skoal shirt! What was that other free one we got there? Can't remember at the moment. I think I may still have a Padre shirt or two in a box somewhere. So much fun to reminisce. And amen to the short shirt thing. You'd think my torso grew three inches upward after having kids. I don't know what happened either. I mean admittedly, in college I would wear a belly baring shirt or two, but even "normal" shirts are too short for me these days. I hate it. Anyway, congrats on your find of "new" clothes.
You are a skinny minny... i wish I was a size 4 again. That is awesome you found some of your old clothes. That is always fun.
Post a Comment