








The first day of anything is always the hardest. Poor Brennan. He clung to me at his classroom as he knew inevitably I was going to detach him from my leg and walk out the door. "I want Daddy", "I want to go", and "I want milk" were his frequent screams. It tears me up inside, but that is why he needs to go. Separation anxiety is a horrible horrible thing. I know it will be worse on thursday when we have to do it again. But hopefully, the time of getting over me walking out the door lessens. Maya on the otherhand, is just waiting for the clock to strike 12:30 and get to school. She believes school is somewhere to spend time doing only art. The girl is obsessed with creation.
Our weekend went quickly, but did seem a little long. Saturday the Hubbles came up and the guys started on the basement. They framed in the storage area in no time flat. Impressive work, I say. It'll be a long project since there is no need for a quick completion... a come and go thing. It does make me excited to think it may be habitable downthere. Meanwhile, Amy and I took the kids to Apple Blossom Farm. Ridiculous prices to play in their forgettable playground, but I believe the kids had fun and it killed some time.
Sunday, Adam and I went to see the flick "Superbad". It was funny, yet your typical nerdy, high school guys journey to find sex. Full of nasty language, but pretty comical.
We have nature at its best right now and it's not all the damn flies that seem to be swarming the house. A week or so ago, I captured a catepillar in my carrots. We housed him in a glad tupperware container, where I continued to pick carrot stems for him to eat. Later I took another caterpillar out of the carrot patch and mothered the two feeding them parsley. Well, friday night they hung themselves upside down with a silky thread and by saturday night they were green cocoons. They are black swallowtail butterflies, so fingers crossed that they do turn and hatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment