It's been a nice chill weekend. No plans with exception to a small workshop I had to attend on child sexual abuse. As a volunteer for St. Pat's to help out with the school I had to go to the session. It appears I am a room mother for Maya's class as well as a helper for picture day. This is when being a mom really gets exciting... to be a part of all the activities. Brennan is going to start his 3 hour, 2 days a week class as well after labor day. We're pretty excited, cuz 2 of our neighbors will have their kids in the same class and Brennan knows these kids! Hopefully that will help his transistion. We're ready for a little structure again. Summer has been a crazy no-routine lifestyle. It's hard to believe we are coming up on Maya's 4 year birthday and Brennan's 3rd. Where does the time go? And were they really a baby once? I don't remember that part at all.
Speaking of time flying, Adam and I will have our 5 year anniversary saturday. I wish I could get married all over again. I LOVED my wedding! Maybe I'll have to dig out the video and let the kids see it. So our very special adventure for our anniversary will take us to Amsterdam and Belgium in November. Yep yep, a european getaway. I am so excited and a vacation is much needed. Between my mom, Becky and Adam's mom and stepdad we have the kids accounted for. We are very thankful for their willingness to help out, cuz this isn't gonna happen again.
Speaking of adventures, my sister is on her yearly pilgrimmage to Graceland. The Elvis fanatic, although, I must add I took Becky to her first and my only 20th death anniverary pilgrimmage and it was amazing. Elvis is a God downthere. Memphis is pretty trashy, but Beale Street is a mustsee for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment