A holiday in the middle of the week really screws with the rest of the week. Yesterday seemed like sunday and today doesn't feel like friday. But, I guess we have a nice, HOT weekend with daddy before we know it. We had some neighbors and friends over for the 4th of July. Luckily we didn't have any rain to worry about, but it was pretty hot and humid. The kids had fun with their neighborhood friends and their best buds Micah and Madelyn. We are heading down to Bloomington to see them again on Sunday. We took the kids to see some fireworks on the 3rd and after their reaction we decided it wasn't worth taking to the river for the big display. Maya cried the entire time and Brennan really could have cared less. I finally got Maya to hold her first sparkler. She did a good job as I am skeptical of those things ever since I burnt my foot from stepping on hot ash. Always wear shoes!!! Yesterday Brennan had his first speech therapy session. He did soooo good. The teacher was older, but really won Brennan over with her puzzles and toys. I was honestly surprised. He repeated words after her, which she said sometimes takes a few sessions before a kid will even talk. She definately thought he understood everything and was very bright. She also said she felt I was doing the right thing with him... getting additional help. After speech we spent the rest of the afternoon with my dad and brother. We took the kids to the park to feed the ducks and even got a little DQ in there too. Hopefully we get some rain after this weekend of scorching heat. We'll need it on our dry ground.
Friday, July 6, 2007
MidWeek Holiday
A holiday in the middle of the week really screws with the rest of the week. Yesterday seemed like sunday and today doesn't feel like friday. But, I guess we have a nice, HOT weekend with daddy before we know it. We had some neighbors and friends over for the 4th of July. Luckily we didn't have any rain to worry about, but it was pretty hot and humid. The kids had fun with their neighborhood friends and their best buds Micah and Madelyn. We are heading down to Bloomington to see them again on Sunday. We took the kids to see some fireworks on the 3rd and after their reaction we decided it wasn't worth taking to the river for the big display. Maya cried the entire time and Brennan really could have cared less. I finally got Maya to hold her first sparkler. She did a good job as I am skeptical of those things ever since I burnt my foot from stepping on hot ash. Always wear shoes!!! Yesterday Brennan had his first speech therapy session. He did soooo good. The teacher was older, but really won Brennan over with her puzzles and toys. I was honestly surprised. He repeated words after her, which she said sometimes takes a few sessions before a kid will even talk. She definately thought he understood everything and was very bright. She also said she felt I was doing the right thing with him... getting additional help. After speech we spent the rest of the afternoon with my dad and brother. We took the kids to the park to feed the ducks and even got a little DQ in there too. Hopefully we get some rain after this weekend of scorching heat. We'll need it on our dry ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The midweek holiday definitely throws us all for a loop. Sounds like you guys had a great 4th. It's nice to spend the day with friends and/or family. Mason also didn't like the fireworks. Way too loud for him. I must say I loved sparklers when I was a kid, but refuse to let Mason hold a 1000 degrees in his hand. Our luck he would severely burn himself. Well, take care and tell the Hubble clan hi.
Post a Comment