Friday, May 4, 2007

The Deodorant Challenge






So, I've been having this issue with deodorants. Usually I forget about it during the winter, cuz sweating is not a problem. Maybe it's since having babies - hormone changes, whatever, but my typical deodorants do not work. The normal being Secret or Lady's Speed Stick. I smell like a man. Anyhow, I think it was Jamie who said Degree worked well for her and I'll have to thank her for that, because it is works great. Just for fun, I'm going to perform an experiment. I am going to use an old deodorant on one side and Degree on the other. The things I do to entertain myself.
Speaking of the things I do, I added some pics of a crown I painted on Maya's wall yesterday. She doesn't have a headboard, so I painted one. I'm not done yet as I am going to scroll "Once upon a Dream..." around and above the crown. I think it turned out pretty good, being I just whipped it up there. What do you guys think?
First week home with Adam has gone well. Maya still hasn't figured out he is home for good though. Everytime he gets home from work she asks... "How was your flight, Daddy". And sometimes in the morning before he leaves she says.. "Did you remember to pack your toothbrush?".
The kids are excited because we have a birthday party tomorrow. The parents bought one of those huge blow-up waterslide things, so hopefully the weather cooperates.
Hope everybody else has a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your post at first thinking, "gee I have that same deodorant problem" Then I read the part about where I told you about Degree and figured we must have talked about that at some point already. Can't wait to hear how your experiment comes out. I kept seeing some new deodorant advertised that was supposed to be prescription strength, but I looked twice at Target and didn't see it. Also, the crown looks awesome. Very good job, mommy!

Liz said...

I was wondering what this blog was going to be about. Too funny!
I love the crown you painted above Maya's bed. You did great.
I can't wait to see everyone in just a little over a month. Have a fun weekend.

The Dolphins said...

I had the same problem when I used Secret. I switched over to Dove and have been very happy with it. Plus, I don't get the white stuff on my shirts anymore. You crack me up with your experiment though.

kb said...

I highly recommend Degree. I have been using it for years. I like to switch scents every time I buy a new one. The last one I got is called Pure Petals and I hate the smell of myself. I smell like 2 week old roses gone moldy. Try a different one. Also I love reading your updates and blogs!